Dear friends, never take revenge. Leave that to the righteous anger of God. For the Scriptures say, “I will take revenge; I will pay them back,” says the lord . -Romans 13:19 http://bible.com/116/rom.12.19.nlt
Anger is a forceful emotion. It is hard to tame. For many of us, we have a slow boil and a devastating eruption. For me, this is true.
I am tired of being angry, of being angered and for getting angry. I am tired of having experiences that cause me to deliberate very bad things. This morning was one such instance, where I could not even have peace in my own home but I took a long walk and as I was still being agitated. I lashed out like a fiend from hell.
People respond to the violent demonstration rather than the quiet appeal. It is repulsive.
I prefer to remain calm, but in that calm is usually a deadly storm which wreaks havoc on my health. I try to be Christian like but there is a pull towards doing psychotic acts.
I don’t like to be angry or agitated or annoyed.
My focus this week, was to read scriptures about anger and about trust; however, situations materialised to provoke the former. No scriptures materialised in my head, but I knew I needed to not do physical arm.
I will continue reading so that if it is not memorised, it would at least saturate my consciousness and my spirit.
- – Ephesians 4:26-27 NLT And “don’t sin by letting anger control you.” Don’t let the sun go down while you are still angry, for anger gives a foothold to the devil
- – James 1:19-20 NLT Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters: You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry. Human anger does not produce the righteousness God desires.
- – Proverbs 29:11 NLT Fools vent their anger, but the wise quietly hold it back.
- – Proverbs 20:3 NLT Avoiding a fight is a mark of honor; only fools insist on quarreling.
- – Proverbs 14:30 NLT A peaceful heart leads to a healthy body; jealousy is like cancer in the bones.
So, I am trying to resolve situations in a decisive and quick manner. I am choosing extreme reactions to maintain my sanity and freedom. Hopefully this works.
Copyright © 2015 · All Rights Reserved · Denise N. Fyffe